At Golden Valley Lodge we want to make sure our campers enjoy plenty of delicious and nutritious food. Our menus are designed by our in-house chef who delivers home-style, fresh, great tasting food that both students and adults love. We can also work along-side your individual requests to provide specialty cultural and dietary needs. We can also successfully meet the needs of campers with food allergies. Furthermore, community and weekend guests can also request a self-catering option.
- Fresh quality ingredients
- Locally sourced produce
- Able to cater to most individual allergy, vegetarian/vegan and cultural dietary requirements. Halal meat is also available
- Recipes have been developed in house to ensure the alternative meals are just as delicious so no one feels they are missing out
- Our kitchen staff are trained in allergies and put special care into each meal. Consequently nuts are not allowed on site and we do not cook with any nut products
- Specially decorated birthday cakes for children or children at heart with a birthday on camp
- Dining can also be inside or outside depending on the weather
- Fruit is always available
- Coffee and tea always ready for teachers
- We can do packed picnic lunches for groups leaving early or going out for the day
- Our meals meet Nutrition Australia’s food standards
- Option to turn one of the lunches into a group activity and have students cook jaffles on the campfire
Want the freedom to eat whatever you want on your camp.
Therefore, our commercial kitchen is available to guests who wish to self-cater their camp.
Our kitchen equipment includes:
- 2 large commercial stoves and ovens
- Large hot plate
- Freezer, refrigerators
- Commercial toaster
- Large pots, pans, cooking trays and implements
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, jugs and serving dishes are provided
- After training, self-catering guests can use our commercial dishwasher
The food was exceptional quality at Golden Valleys Lodge.
I was very impressed with how organised they were and how welcoming they made it for people with special dietary needs requirements. Particularly grateful for making equivalent things to meet all of the different requirements!
My special dietary food was super good and you could tell how much thought and effort went into it.
I required a low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, and Polyols) diet. The low FODMAP food was excellent-very tasty, nutritious, filling and appropriate which is not easy.
Everyone had a wonderful time and would like to thank you once more for your attention to our student with food allergies and how accommodating your kitchen staff was in relating to this matter. It gave us all great peace of mind.
“As a group we were really impressed with the food. Much more so than the previous retreats at other venues. All the people with dietary requirements were very happy.”
“I loved staying at Golden valleys Lodge. The food was great and very delicious. You should be on Master Chef and win, that’s how much I loved your cooking!”
“Firstly I want to thank you for the diligence you showed ahead of camp, in contacting me to discuss my son’s dietary requirements (he has Coeliac disease) to talk through you set-up, and to answer my questions. Thank you for the great experience the great experience he had at camp. He enjoyed the food, had…
“I just wanted to take the time to thank you for attending so well to my son’s dietary requirements (we are vegan).Not only did you provide food which was appropriate to his needs but the meals you provided were ”really delicious”(his words).”
“I would like to thank you very much for your kindness and efficient way you have conducted your camp last week. My son who has a few food allergies felt so comfortable and relaxed in your care and came home raving about the dinners you had prepared for him. Once again thank you for your…